Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Confessions of a Travel Junkie

Once again I'm blogging at the airport. I'm currently sitting at gate 7 in JFK Airport staring wistfully out at the New York City skyline, but this is not my final destination this trip. I'm Europe bound today, and I can't wait to get there!

While I can't claim to be excited about my upcoming seven hour flight to Manchester, I am pretty pumped about my trip! I will land in Manchester tomorrow morning at 8:15am ready to set out on my adventure! My first order of business will be purchasing my train ticket to Holyhead for the following morning. Luckily it looks like my hotel is just a short walk from Picadilly Station so I'm hoping there aren't any kinks getting that worked out!

I need a train ticket to Holyhead so that I can catch my ferry to Dublin to meet up with Callie! Callie is studying abroad this summer so I'm catching up with her on the tailend if her backpacking excursion before her summer session gets started in Edinburgh, Scotland!

Sunday morning Callie and I are leaving early on a ferry back to Holyhead so we can catch a train up there and get her all checked in to school and settled in her dorm! I'll be there all week and plan on just enjoying all the city has to offer! I read my Ireland book on my first leg of my journey from Dallas to New York, and will read my Ireland book before I (hopefully) doze off to sleep...I'll probably use my favorite natural sleep aid, a glass of red wine, to help with that.

After my week in Edinburgh, I'm heading back down south to Bath, England for the weekend before heading into London to catch a plane back to the states! But I won't be home yet...I'll be headed up to Pagosa Springs, CO for a quick little family vacation!

Well, it's time to board now, but be looking for updates as I begin my trek through the UK!

1 comment: