Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Edinburgh Part Two!

Good morning from Edinburgh! The rain is just beginning to subside as I sip on my second cup  of tea today in a warm Starbucks on George Street in the heart of New Town. 

Its already been an adventurous morning, Callie stayed with me at my hotel last night, so after an early breakfast I walked with her to catch her bus then started out on my exploring more in New Town aimlessly ambling down neighborhood streets. I tried to run in Queen's Park but couldn't find the gate entrance and gave up pretty easily and headed over to Starbucks to get out of the cold drizzle for a bit and check my emails!

Yesterday Callie had organized events with her class so I continued my exploring solo around the town, getting acclimated with the various areas, then met up with her and her group back over at the Holyrood Palace for lunch and shopping along the Royal Mile before their tour of Edinburgh Castle. 

Then I joined their group for dinner and a guided "Saints and Sinners" tour of Edinburgh. 

Today I think I'll explore the various shops of New Town, and if it warms up I'll go to the Royal Botanical Gardens, and if not I'll go to the Art Gallery! 

I can't believe how quickly this trip is going by, I leave Friday for Bath, England and will be back in the states by Sunday, albeit in Colorado! I love Edinburgh despite the constant drizzle and still feel like there is so much more to do and places to eat! This city is teeming with cute cafe's and delicious seafood!  I'll be sad to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment