Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dublin Bound

This is a first, blogging at a bar! I have had very limited Internet access so far, so I've decided to capitalize on my luck!

Today has been a travel day. I woke up early after going to bed by eight thirty last night, and went for a jog and got some hot coffee and packed up for Dublin!

I digress to share that currently the band is playing "Sweet Home Alabama" and everyone here is going wild. Except for me, bent over my phone typing away! Suffice to say, I'm an American among Americans in Dublin!

Back to my day...I spent the better half of my train ride to Holyhead crammed into the back hall because they ran out of seats, but finally it cleared enough for me to enjoy about forty minutes of air conditioning. Then I took the ferry, which was like a mini cruise ship, for the next three hours to Dublin!

After checking in, where they told me I would have to pay more for my room than originally planned, mind you they don't even have in room hair dryers, I ventured out to walk all around the Temple Bar area where I am staying. I found a great little place for dinner, and have since ended up here! I couldn't tell you what it's called, but I can tell you I've found my first Guinness of my trip to Dublin!

We've moved on to "Wonderwall" now which makes me think I should get moving along now to in attempt to find some traditional Irish music! And my sister, it's time for me to head back to the hotel to meet up with Callie!

No comments:

Post a Comment